Conditions of Travel
Soon you will find our Conditions of Travel in detail:
I. Conclusion of the Travel Agreement
1. By registering, the Customer undertakes to enter into a travel agreement with PEDALO TOURISTIK GMBH
(hereinafter referred to as GDT BY PEDALO). Registration shall take place in writing on the form designated
for this purpose. A telephonic, oral or other form of registration with us or one of our partner agencies shall
be equally binding. Registration shall be carried out by the registering party for all co-named participants.
The registering party firmly agrees to these conditions of travel, including on behalf of and for the co-
2. The agreement shall come into being upon acceptance by GDT BY PEDLAO or its partner agencies upon
sending the booking confirmation.
3. Subsidiary agreements and amendments to the concluded travel agreement shall require our written
After receipt of the booking confirmation, a down payment of 20%, however not more than € 100,- per
person shall be due. The balance due shall be paid no sooner than 20 days before the start of the journey –
at the same time the travel documents are handed over to the travellers. Accounts are available to you in
Austria, Germany and Switzerland for your payment. Please note that the full amount due must be credited
to our account; any banking charges shall borne by the travel participants.
IBAN: AT 30 4480 0310 7950 0000
III. Cancellation by the Customer/Substitute Participants/Changes to the Reservation
1. The Customer may withdraw from the agreement at any time prior to the start of travel. We recommend
that the Customer communicate his or her cancellation in writing. In the event of a cancellation or no-
show, we shall be entitled to charge the following fees (percentages refer to the price of travel):
Up to 28 days before the start of travel: 20 % min. € 50,-
From 27 to 14 days prior to the start of travel: 30 %
From 13 to 8 days prior to the start of travel: 50 %
From 7 to 4 days prior to the start of travel: 70 %
From 3 days and no-show: 90 %
By travel expensen 100% on the travel price.
We recommend a travel withdrawal insurance, please note that the insurance doesn't work for travel
expenses. For that case you shall take another insurance.
2. Each registered travel participant may allow a third-party to take his or her place if he or she notifies us
thereof in writing up to three days prior to the start of travel. GDT BY PEDALO may refuse the third party's
participation for good cause. The conditions of cancellation above shall apply. If a substitute person takes
the registered participant's place, this shall not affect the original contract. We shall be entitled to charge €
50,- for change fees.
3. Changes to the booking in terms of number or types of rooms, hotel category and type of board shall,
providing such is possible in the hotels and there is sufficient capacity available, is basically possible up to
14 days prior to the start of travel. Nonetheless, we will however have to charge you for the time and effort
involved. For each change, we shall charge you € 50,-.
1. With regard to the scope of the contractual services, the descriptions of service provided on the current
website www.giroditoscana.com shall be authoritative, but not however any differing statements or
promises by intermediary travel agencies, town or hotel brochures or other third parties. The stopover
locations are the most frequent and main stopover destinations on the cycling tours. Under certain
circumstances, we must require your consent to be placed in towns in the immediate vicinity without any
2. The price of travel listed is per person based on occupancy in a double bed room. If available, a single
bed room can be booked for a surcharge. In some hotels however there are only a limited number of single
bed rooms meaning that you may if necessary have to make due with a simpler room or, under certain
circumstances, have to go to another hotel or private bed and breakfast. If, exceptionally, no single bed
room can be made available, you will have to share a room in a two bed room. In this case you will of
course receive a prorated refund.
3. For families, we grant the following discounts off the basic price and extra nights as a third person in a
double room with two full paying guests: 0 to 5.99 years old: 100% (any costs incurred shall be paid on
site), 6 to 11.99 years old: 50%, 12 to 14.99 years old: 25%, age 15 and up: 10%
V. Liability and Limitation of Liability
1. GDT BY PEDALO shall be responsible for making pre-travel preparations, careful selection and monitoring
of the service providers as well as for the accuracy of the descriptions of service valid for the period of
travel at the time our catalogue is printed.
2. Travellers shall take part in our cycling journeys at their own risk. Minors may only participate in a
journey when accompanied by a parent or guardian.
3. Every travel participant shall be responsible for ensuring that his or her health is suitable for the
requirements of travel.
4. In addition, every travel participant shall be responsible for the observance of traffic regulations.
5. The conditions of carriage of the particular transport companies shall apply to all means of transport
(bus, boat, airplane, etc.).
6. If, due to reasons beyond our control (adaptations, renovations, etc.) a scheduled tour cannot take place,
we cannot assume any liability.
7. In the event of damage caused solely by one of the service providers selected by us or which is not due
to premeditation or gross negligence on our part, then our liability shall be limited, regardless of the legal
basis, to three times the price of the journey.
8. In the event of loss or damage to travel luggage, we shall only be liable if the loss or damages is caused
by us and is communicated to us immediately after the occurrence. In this event, we shall only be liable for
up to a max. of EUR 200.00 per person. We assume no liability for: items which are not usually transported
in travel luggage, means of payment of any sort, for visual damage and damage to handles and wheels or
damages to pieces of luggage weighing more than a total of 20 kg. We recommend that you take out a
travel security package to cover these risks.
Transportation of customer bicycles before, during and after our cycling journeys is possible at the
customer’s own risk only. The settings of our cycle carriers are fitted to our rental bicycles, therefore minor
damages (e.g. scratches to the paintwork) can occur. Consequently, we cannot be made liable for damages
originating from transportation. Above mentioned limitation of liability is also applicable for partner tours
and transportation via third parties.
9. If a journey is cancelled due to reasons beyond our control (strike, natural disaster, etc.) or if the
minimum number of participants of guided group tours (8 people) and bike & boat tours (15 people or as
listed in the offers) is not reached, we reserve the right to cancel the journey up to 25 days before the
planned travel date. In this event you shall be notified without delay and will be refunded any amounts
already paid to us. You shall not be entitled to any compensation beyond this.
1. Remedies: If the travel service cannot be performed as specified in the agreement, the Customer can
demand redress. What is contractually specified shall be based on the one hand on the description of
service and on the other on what is customary in the destination country. GDT BY PEDALO can refuse a
remedy if it requires disproportional costs and efforts but shall also be entitled to provide a remedy in the
form of services of equal or greater value. Substitute services can only be refused by the Customer for a
significant, objectively identifiable reason. The demand for a remedy shall be communicated directly to us
or to the guide. The guide shall have no authority to recognise claims.
2. Travel Price Reduction: The Customer may, after returning from the journey, request a reasonable
reduction in the price of travel (discount) for the duration of the contractually non-contractually compliant
portion of the journey until a remedy is provided by GDT BY PEDALO. The reduction shall not apply if and to
the extent that the traveller, through his or her fault, fails to communicate the deficiency to the parties
listed in Item VI (1) in a timely manner so as to enable them to provide a remedy.
3. Any claims must be lodged with us no later than one month after the contractually scheduled end of
VII. Duty to Cooperate
1. If the traveller does not receive the travel documents in a timely manner, he or she must inform
EUROBIKE without delay.
2. The traveller is required, in the event of any issues disrupting the provision of the services as described in
the agreement, to take all reasonable steps to contribute to remedying the disruption any to minimise or
avoid any damage. The Customer is, in particular, required to lodge his or her complaints without delay to
the parties named in VI (1). These parties shall be in charge of providing a remedy if such is possible. If the
Customer fails, through his or her fault, to communicate a deficiency, than he or she shall have no claim to
a reduction in price.
1. The Customer shall be responsible for complying with all passport, visa, customs and health regulations.
2. We must reserve the right to make changes to prices and services and to correct any mistakes and
3. The invalidity of individual provisions in the travel agreement shall not invalidate the rest of the
IX. Jurisdiction/Applicable Law
1. The agreement is governed by Austrian Law.
2. The Customer may only bring legal action against GDT BY PEDALO at its registered place of business.
3. The Customer's place of residence shall be authoritative for actions by the travel against the customer
unless the action is directed against general merchants or persons without a general place of jurisdiction in
Austria. In this case, the registered office of the tour operator shall be authoritative.
For all journeys declared on the homepage www.giroditoscana.com, the PEDALO TOURISTIK GMBH is the
Subject to changes to the offering and mistakes, typographical errors and calculation errors.
With us, your money is insured!
Pursuant to the Travel Agency Guarantee Decree [Reisebürosicherungsverordnung (RSV)] for all-inclusive
journeys offered by PEDALO TOURISTIK GMBH (registration number 1998/0032 in the Directory of Tour
Operators of the Federal Ministry of Economics, Family and Youth, customer funds are secured subject to
the following conditions: any payments exceeding those indicated in Item II or previously paid down
payments and payments of balances owing may not be demanded nor are they secured. The garantier or
insurer is Volksbank Oberösterreich AG, Schmiedstraße 12, 4070 Eferding, Telefon +43 7272 22254600, E-
Filing of any claims must be done with the liquidator (Europäische Reiseversicherung AG,
Kratochwjlestestraße 4, 1220 Vienna, Tel. no. +43(1) 317 25 00, Fax. no. +43(1) 319 93 67) within 8
weeks insolvency being declared.
Applications for refunds must be submitted, duly documented within 8 weeks of the claim arising. You shall
receive a corresponding insurance certificate along with your booking confirmation.